Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
ADP Run offers a Payroll Concierge level of integration.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- How Does Payroll Concierge Work?
- How Do I Initiate Payroll Concierge?
- What Are My Responsibilities?
- What Payroll Activities Does Vestwell Handle for Me?
- Will My Payroll Provider Charge Me Fees to Set Up and/or Maintain Payroll Concierge?
- How Do I Disconnect Payroll Concierge?
- Why Do I Have to Grant Access to My Payroll System for Concierge?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Plan Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
How Does Payroll Concierge Work?
With this type of support, Vestwell’s team of payroll experts accesses your payroll system so we can transfer your payroll files and Plan-related data between Vestwell and your payroll provider.
How Do I Initiate Payroll Concierge?
- Log in to ADP Run
- In the search bar, type Accountant Connect Authorization
- Click +Add Accounting Firm
- Enter the following ID Number: 25080713, which is registered under Vestwell, & click Search
- Verify the accounting firm that is selected is Vestwell, and click That's My Accounting Firm
- Grant access to all three sections by checking the boxes: Reports & Tax Forms, General Ledger, and Payroll
- Click the green Connect button
- Once you have completed the above, please email Vestwell’s payroll integrations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your plan is a conversion, after your last payroll before Vestwell, ensure saver deferrals and employer contributions are cleared from your payroll system.
What Are My Responsibilities?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your plan depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
- Set up and maintain retirement loans within your payroll system
Discretionary and/or Profit-Sharing Contributions
- Set up and maintain non-mandatory company contributions within your payroll system, and upload these contributions through your Vestwell portal using an off-cycle upload. Learn how to submit an off-cycle contribution here.
Mandatory Employer Contributions
- Set up and maintain mandatory employer contributions that are on a frequency other than on a per-pay period basis using an Off-cycle upload. Learn more about off-cycle contributions here.
- Make sure any pay groups in your payroll system are also set up at Vestwell and vice versa. To edit a pay group name or set up new paygroups please see How to add or change a pay group in your Vestwell account.
- The number of pay groups or companies in your payroll system may affect your plan’s eligibility to use payroll concierge.
Saver Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system when savers are hired, terminated, or re-hired, etc. Be sure to include a specific date when making these status changes in your payroll system.
Saver Personal Information
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
Off-cycle payroll submissions
- Report any off-cycle payroll run through your payroll system to your Vestwell representative. These will not be uploaded automatically through the integration.
Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes to your Vestwell representative to ensure there is no delay in processing your payroll files upon making this change in your payroll system.
Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your savers regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What Payroll Activities Does Vestwell Handle For Me?
- Set up and maintain certain payroll codes within your payroll system. Because Vestwell manages the codes, do not change this information unless expressly told to do so by your Vestwell Representative.
- 401(k) plan $
- 401(k) plan %
- Roth 401(k) plan $
- Roth 401(k) plan %
- Employer Mandatory Contribution
Saver Deferrals - First Payroll
- Four business days prior to your first pay date with Vestwell, we will use the saver deferral rates in the Vestwell portal to set saver elections in your payroll system. To guarantee saver deferral rates have been updated at your payroll system, do not run payroll prior to 4 business days before your scheduled pay date.
Saver Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes made in the Vestwell portal by eligible savers will be set in your payroll system within two business days.
- We will communicate any deferral update requests to your payroll system. Savers may not see this reflected in their next few paychecks, as it could take time for this update to be reflected.
- If your plan has an auto-enrollment feature, the same guidelines above apply. Read more about auto-enrollment here.
Saver Status Changes - Vestwell Portal
- When you add, rehire or terminate savers in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the Vestwell portal one business day after the next pay date.
- Process saver deferrals and employer contributions which are maintained by the integration shortly after you run payroll in your payroll system.
Will ADP Run Charge Me Any Fees to Set Up and/or Maintain Payroll Concierge?
No, ADP Run does not charge any fees at this time.
How Do I Disconnect Payroll Concierge?
If you change payroll providers, it is your responsibility to inform us so that we can terminate the Payroll Concierge Service and assess whether integration with a different payroll provider is available. Please reach out to your Vestwell Representative, and we will assist you.
Why Do I Have to Grant Access to My Payroll System for Payroll Concierge?
In order to provide our Payroll Concierge services, we need the ability to view and download information relating to your Plan. These activities require Accountant-level permissions.
Are There Any Reasons Why My Plan Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
There are some plan design features that currently prohibit the use of payroll integration, including:
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain classes of employees
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain types of compensation
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain types of hours worked
- Plans with per pay period non-mandatory employer contributions
- Plans that allow after-tax contributions (only be available if your plan uses a Third Party Administrator). Note: After-Tax and Roth contributions are not the same; please see our article“Participant Contribution Types: Differences between Pre-tax, Roth, and After-tax”
If your plan has been amended or if you are considering an amendment to your original plan documents, please inform your Vestwell Representative to understand what actions on your part will be required to submit and process your payroll files correctly.