Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
Paylocity offers a 360° level of integration.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- How Does My Integration Work?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Plan Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
- How Do I Initiate My Integration Setup?
- What Are My Responsibilities If My Plan Has an Active Payroll Integration?
- What Does Vestwell Handle for Me If My Plan Has an Active Payroll Integration?
- Will Paylocity Charge Me Fees to Set Up and/or Maintain My Payroll Integration?
- How Do I Disconnect My Integration?
How Does My Integration Work?
Your integration is a 360° Automated Integration. This is a two-way integration in which Vestwell will automatically receive certain information about your plan and participants from your payroll system, process employee and employer contributions to the plan, and automatically send your employees’ selected deferral elections from their Vestwell portal to your payroll provider.
Are There Any Reasons Why My Plan Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
There are some plan design features that currently prohibit the use of payroll integration, including:
- Plans that do not have an established recurring pay schedule setup in both Vestwell and the payroll system.
- Plans that do not use the same payroll provider for all pay group(s).
- Plans that have limitations preventing each paygroup from being integrated.
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain classes of employees, types of compensation, or certain types of hours worked.
- Plans with per pay period non-mandatory employer contributions.
- Plans that allow after-tax contributions (only be available if your plan uses a Third Party Administrator). Note: After-tax and Roth contributions are not the same; please see our article "Participant Contribution Types: Differences between Pre-tax, Roth, and After-tax."
How Do I Initiate My Integration Setup?
- In your Paylocity portal, Navigate to HR & Payroll > Web Link > Web Services > Integrations.
- Select Browse Marketplace and search for “Vestwell” in the Name field.
- Click Begin Integration to access, complete, and sign the Integration form.
- View the alert window and press OK to open DocuSign.
- Select the Electronic Records and Signature Disclosure link to read the disclosure.
- Agree to use electronic records and signatures and Continue.
- Select Start to complete the form (DocuSign proceeds through each required field).
Enter the following information. Note you must complete the following information exactly as follows, or your request will be rejected by Paylocity, and your integration will be delayed.
- Client Information: Complete ALL fields.
- Vendor Name: Vestwell.
- Plan ID(s)/Policy Numbers(s): Paylocity company ID (this is your Paylocity company code and NOT your Vestwell plan number).
- Vendor Contact Name: Ashley Lettieri.
- Effective Date: your representative will provide you with this date.
- Vendor Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendor Contact Phone: 917-979-5358.
- TPA Information: Leave all fields blank. Even if you are working with a TPA, please leave this section blank.
- Broker/Advisor Information: Leave all fields blank. Even if you are working with an Advisor, please leave this section blank.
- Sign the document and click "Finish" to submit the request to Paylocity. You will see the notification that your request has been successfully submitted along with a reference number.
If you have recently switched payroll providers to Paylocity and your first payroll run with Paylocity is also your first payroll with Vestwell, your integration will not be active for this first payroll date. You may be required to manually input your deferral rates in your Paylocity system and submit your first payroll manually to Vestwell. For more information, please reach out to your Vestwell representative.
What Are My Responsibilities?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your plan depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
- Set up and maintain retirement loans within your payroll system.
Discretionary and/or Profit-Sharing Contributions
- Set up and maintain annual and/or quarterly non-mandatory company contributions within your payroll system and upload these contributions through your Vestwell portal.
Mandatory Employer Contributions
- Set up and maintain mandatory employer contributions that are on a frequency other than on a per-pay period basis.
- Make sure any pay groups in your payroll system are also set up at Vestwell and vice versa. To edit a pay group name or set up new pay groups, please see “How to add or change a pay group in your Vestwell account."
Employee Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system when employees are hired, terminated, or re-hired, etc.
Employee Personal Information
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes to Vestwell.
Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What Does Vestwell Handle for Me If My Plan Has an Active Payroll Integration??
Set up and maintain certain payroll codes within your payroll system. Because Vestwell manages the codes, do not change this information unless expressly told to do so by your Vestwell Representative.
- Pre-Tax 401(k) $
- Pre-Tax 401(k) %
- Roth 401(k) $
- Roth 401(k) %
- Per pay period Safe Harbor employer contribution.
- Set up and maintain certain payroll codes within your payroll system. Because Vestwell manages the codes, do not change this information unless expressly told to do so by your Vestwell Representative.
Employee Deferrals - First Payroll
- Four business days prior to your first pay date with Vestwell, we will use the employee deferral rates in the Vestwell portal to set employee elections in your payroll system.
Employee Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes made in the Vestwell portal by eligible employees will be set in your payroll system within two business days.
- If your plan has an auto-enrollment feature, the same guidelines above apply.
Employee Status Changes - Vestwell Portal
- When you add, rehire or terminate employees in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the Vestwell portal one business day after the next pay date.
- Process employee deferrals and employer contributions, which are maintained by the integration shortly after you run payroll in your payroll system. Even if you process your payroll early, Vestwell will never process the contributions file before the pay date.
Will Paylocity Charge Me Fees to Set Up and/or Maintain My Payroll Integration?
Your payroll provider may charge fees in conjunction with the integration. Please check with your Paylocity representative for more specific details.
Vestwell will not charge you to facilitate this integration.
How Do I Disconnect My Integration?
If you change payroll providers, it is your responsibility to inform us so that we can disconnect your integration and assess whether integration with a different payroll provider is available. Please reach out to your Vestwell Representative, and we will assist you.
If your plan has been amended or if you are considering an amendment to your original plan documents, please inform your Vestwell Representative to understand what actions on your part will be required to submit and process your payroll files correctly.