How to integrate your payroll with Namely, how the integration works, and what you'll have to support on your end.
How do I initiate my integration setup?
During your onboarding with Namely, choose Vestwell as your retirement provider.
Then, send a message to your Client Success Manager, letting them know that you have added Vestwell, your payroll schedule, and what your pay-groups are (if applicable) - we will take it from there!
Do I have to set up my company deduction and matching in my payroll system’s portal?
Yes, you are responsible for creating all deduction codes, company matching features and ensuring your retirement benefits are active in your payroll system.
What is included in the integration, and what are my responsibilities?
Namely uses a 360° automated integration. To learn more about what’s included in your payroll integration, check out this article.
What am I still responsible for updating?
- Making updates in Namely when employees are hired, terminated, or re-hired
- Setting up loan repayments
- Maintaining and setting up any company matching features
- Maintaining and setting up company-wide retirement deductions for 401(k) Pretax and Roth (if applicable)
- Make sure any pay groups you have in your payroll system are also set up at Vestwell. See: Add or change a pay group in your Vestwell account.
What information is relayed between Namely and Vestwell?
Namely to Vestwell
- The Payroll file sends the day after your payroll is due in Namely
- The Census file will send nightly from Namely to Vestwell
- Only employees in benefits-eligible classes will send on the feed - If you have a class set up in Namely that is benefits-eligible but is not eligible for 401(k), let Namely know so they can restrict the employees assigned to this class from sending on the file
- The Payroll file works based on deductions - ONLY employees with deductions on their paycheck in Namely will be sent on the feed (Any 1099 EE's, partners, etc., that are not paid in Namely will need to be submitted manually.
- Profit-sharing contributions are not stored in Namely, and any profit-sharing contributions will need to be reported manually to Vestwell.
Vestwell to Namely
- Vestwell sends Namely a daily file with any deferral changes that a participant makes on the Vestwell platform.
- Vestwell will be used as the source of truth for all employee deferrals
- All changes should be made in Vestwell. The integration will ensure the update is also made in Namely | If deferrals are changed manually in Namely and not in Vestwell, there may be a discrepancy between the two systems, which may cause the integration to fail.
- Namely will apply deferral changes to the next payroll cycle when the participant is eligible to contribute from Vestwell's eligibility calculations.
For more details on integrating Namely, click here.