How To Register Video
To start the registration process, go to: https://connect.vestwell.com/register
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome on a laptop or desktop when registering. Please note that we only support the current and previous major versions of browsers. You may use older versions of browsers to access the platform, but the experience may be affected.
Vestwell invites all eligible employees to register for their accounts by sending an email to the work email address provided by their employer. The email is entitled "Register for Your Retirement Plan!”. However, the email is no longer required to register for the platform successfully.
1. Begin Registration - To start the registration process, go to https://connect.vestwell.com/register.
The registration process can also get started through the following steps:
2. Verify Your Identity - The registration process starts by searching for your personal retirement account. This is accomplished by entering your social security number, date of birth, and last name.
3. Company and Address Verification - The next step will ask you to verify the company sponsoring the retirement plan you are registering for from a list of options.
Next, verify the address you have lived at in the past or currently live at from a list of options.
Note: If a company name or address is incorrectly selected 3 times, after the 3rd attempt your registration will be locked and you will need to reach out to email@example.com to unlock your registration.
4. Contact Information - After verifying your identity, you are ready to provide your contact information which includes your name, personal email, and phone number.
5. Account Setup - The next step is setting up your account.
Your login email should be pre-populated, the next step will be to set a password and enter it twice to avoid typos. Be sure to select a secure password that is difficult for others to guess but easy for you to remember.
If you would like to set a different login email address select the "Edit" button on the top right of the Login email field to update the email address.
Selecting this will allow you to edit your email address. Once you have changed the email address select "Continue" to create a password.
A password is required to log in to your retirement account. You will be asked to enter the password twice to avoid typos. Be sure to select a secure password that is difficult for others to guess but easy for you to remember.
- Install one of the authentication apps Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator on your mobile device
- On the preferred method window select 'Authentication App'
- Open your Authentication app select the plus button (+) and select scan QR code on your screen
- Scan the QR code on your screen and hit 'Continue'. Your authentication app will register your Vestwell account.
- Enter the 6-digit code in your app and select 'Enable'. That's all!
- On the preferred method window select 'Text Message'
- Enter your mobile phone number and hit 'Continue'
- Enter the 6-digit code sent to you by text message and hit 'Enable'. If you do not receive the 6-digit code you can select 'Resend code'. That's all!
7. Agree to Terms and Conditions – The final step is to agree to the platform’s terms and conditions. Once agreed to, you will be redirected to your retirement account!
I Already Have an Account With Vestwell, How Can I Connect My Existing Account to My New Participant Account?
If you already have a Vestwell Account setup from your previous employer and your current employer uses Vestwell as their 401(k) provider, you can connect your new employer information to your current Vestwell account.
While filling in your personal email on the Account Setup step, if your email is already associated with an existing account, a message will display stating there is an existing account with the provided email address. In this case, simply enter your password for the existing account and select "Connect accounts", by doing this you will be able to access both accounts through a single login.
If you do not remember what your password was previously set to, you can always use the "Forgot Your Password" option, doing so will send a password reset link to your login email address.
After completing the 'Sign In' page, you will be returned to the Contact Information page. From here complete the rest of the registration process following the steps above.