Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation (yay!). This guide will help you set up your integration as well as understand your specific responsibilities for the proper submission of payroll files. Even though your payroll provider is integrated with our platform, all Plan Sponsors have ongoing requirements to make sure the content is correct.
How do I initiate my integration setup?Email your Payroll Control Systems customer service representative or payroll specialist directly and copy: email@example.com requesting to use the integration with Vestwell. Your Payroll Control Systems representative will work with you to setup your Vestwell plan in the payroll system. Be sure to specify the expected first integrated pay date.
Are there any reasons why my plan might not be eligible for an integration?
There are some plan design features that currently prohibit the use of payroll integration, including:
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain classes of employees
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain types of compensation
- Eligibility rules that exclude certain types of hours worked
- Plans with per pay period non-mandatory employer contributions
- Plans that allow after-tax contributions (only be available if your plan uses a Third Party Administrator). Note: After-Tax and Roth contributions are not the same; please see our article“Participant Contribution Types: Differences between Pre-tax, Roth, and After-tax”
If your plan has been amended or if you are considering an amendment to your original plan documents, please inform your Vestwell Representative to understand what actions on your part will be required to submit and process your payroll files correctly.
How does my integration work?
Vestwell has partnered with Pay(k)onnect, a payroll data aggregator, to enable payroll integrations with over 80 different payroll providers.
Payroll Control Systems offers either a 180° or 360° automated payroll integration. Please visit Payroll Integrations Descriptions & Responsibilities to determine which integration will work best for your plan!
Will Payroll Control Systems charge me any fees to set up and/or maintain my payroll integration?
Payroll Control Systems may charge fees in conjunction with the integration. Please check with your Ahola representative for more specific details.
Vestwell will not charge you to facilitate this integration.