Rollovers – Contacting the Account Provider from Your Former Employer

We know that paperwork and forms can be daunting for most people. However, once your rollover has been completed, it will have been worth the effort to get it done.

We hope the information below makes requesting funds from other providers easier. While we can’t possibly provide you with all retirement plan providers, below is information for several of the larger providers we have encountered. The provider's website and/or phone number may be on your statement if you receive statements.

Essential things to keep in mind:

  • Providers’ forms and processes may change, so visiting their websites or contacting them directly for up-to-date information is essential.
  • When contacting your provider, ask them if more than one form is needed to transfer all your funds; some providers will require separate forms for traditional/pre-tax or Roth/post-tax funds.
  • Some providers require a Letter of Acceptance from Vestwell. A Letter of Acceptance is a standard document that states Vestwell agrees to accept the funds as the receiving provider and will deposit the funds in the appropriate account.


  • Website – or
    • Log in to your account
    • Look for the “Rollover” tab, which may be under the “Quick Links” tab
    • Scroll to “I want to move money” and select “Out of my retirement plan”
    • Click “Explore your Options”
    • Follow the online steps
  • If you need assistance, you may call Fidelity at (877) 472-8967 or (800)-343-3548


  • Website -
    • Log in to your “Employer Retirement Plan” account or “IRA”
    • Look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • Email - (do not include confidential or personal account information in your email)
  • If you need assistance, you may call Empower at 855-756-4738
  • Please note: If your retirement account was previously with The Hartford or MassMutual, their retirement plan business was acquired by Empower, and they will be able to direct you to the right team.

 John Hancock:

  • Website -
    • Log in to your account
    • Look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • If you need assistance at the bottom of the home page, click “Contact Us” and enter some information, and you will be directed to the correct John Hancock sources call them at 888-695-4472 or 800-294-3575 or 800-395-1113


  • Website -
    • Log in to your account
    • Look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • If you need assistance, you may call Principal at 800-547-7754 or (800) 986-3343


Please note: Empower will be acquiring Prudential Financial Retirement Business, and the contact information below could change, or you may be redirected.

  • Website -
    • Log in to your account
    • Look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • If you need assistance, you may call Prudential at 800-778-4357


American Funds/Capital Group:

  • Website 
    • If your plan ID begins with IRK, BRK, 1, or 2, go to
    • Log in and look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • If you need assistance, you may call American Funds at 800-421-4225
  • Your plan may have moved to Ascensus; if your plan ID begins with 34 or 135, go to
  • If you need assistance, you may call Ascensus at 888-652-8086 



  • Website - or
    • Individuals > Log In > Retirement > Log In
    • Look for “Rollovers” or “Forms”
  • If you need assistance, you may call Voya at 800-584-6001


  • Website -
    • Under “My Account” > “Retirement Plans & IRA” > “Status of loans/withdrawals”
  • If you need assistance, you may call TIAA at 800-842-2252
  • Please note: You will need forms for each account number. It is common for TIAA account holders to have multiple separate account numbers. Therefore, each account may require distinct forms and instructions. Please know that many TIAA accounts have a separate “General Account,” “Fixed Account,” or “Guaranteed Interest Account.” Please note that many TIAA accounts with a “General,” “Fixed,” or “Guaranteed” interest have withdrawal restrictions, and you may only be able to transfer out 10% of the account per year.  If this is the case, your first withdrawal of 10% will be followed by annual transfers for nine years until the account has been depleted.  Be especially careful to use only the forms TIAA provides to request the rollover/transfer/withdrawal and know that TIAA forms are coded and time-sensitive. Prompt action is required for your request to be processed. Speaking with a TIAA representative will help to ensure that you are completing all of the necessary forms. 

If you or any of these companies require any information for your Vestwell account, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at We want to help. Why? We know consolidating accounts may help simplify your finances and make it easier for your loved ones if they need to access your accounts in your absence. Just to remind you, please keep your personal information, including your address and beneficiaries, up-to-date on all of your accounts.

Having one account may simplify the task of updating for you!