This article discusses several reasons why your contribution submission may end up with a $0 total.
You have just uploaded your contributions file, and you see a $0 total contributions amount on the confirmation page.
While at times, it's possible that a submission may not contain any actual contributions, often, this is not the case, and a $0 total amount is not expected.
Below are several reasons why you may see an unexpected $0 total contribution submission:
The uploaded file has contribution data present in a column that Vestwell does not recognize.
- Please check all the column headers that have the expected contribution data. You can refer to the default list of headers that Vestwell accepts; this article specifies the headers.
- Update the columns accordingly and re-submit the contributions file.
- When the file is uploaded, you can verify that all the columns are recognized by expanding a 'header checks' section and seeing that the anticipated contribution columns have a checkmark next to them.
You accidentally entered contribution amounts into the wrong column
- Please verify that the contributions are entered into the appropriate column.
- Re-submit with correctly entered contributions. To do this, cancel the existing submission, which you can then re-submit.
Your plan does not allow a specific contribution type; therefore, it is not processed during a contribution submission.
- This is a less frequent cause.
- If you feel that your columns are named correctly; and you entered contributions properly but do not see any contributions come through, then your plan design may need to be reviewed.