Adding a Pay Group
To add a pay group login to your Vestwell employer portal, click the 'Contributions' tab.
From the 'Contributions' main page click on the tools icon ( ) . This will bring you to the 'Payroll Setup page.
- Click on 'Add Another Pay Group'.
- Add a Pay Group Name.
- Select the corresponding Pay Schedule you wish to use.
- From here you will locate the 'Available Bank Account' section and you can choose to select another bank account from the options listed or you can add a new account by selecting 'Add Account'.
- If you choose to 'Add Account' select how you want to link your bank account; this can be done via 'Direct Bank Connection' or by 'Entering Bank Information' manually.
- Once the prompts are completed for the desired 'Add Account' method, click 'Save Pay Schedule' to complete.
Edit a Pay Group
From your Payroll Setup page, locate the pay group you would like to modify and click "Edit."
- You can update your pay group name by clicking in the Pay Group Name field and typing in the new name.
- You can update your pay schedule by clicking on the dropdown and selecting the corresponding pay frequency.
- You can also update the bank account where your contributions are drawn from.
- After you have consolidated your data, select 'Save Pay Schedule' to complete.
We hope that you found this article to be helpful.
Removing a Pay Group
From your Payroll Setup page, locate the pay group you want to remove and click “Edit.”
- Select “Remove Pay Group”
- Choose a reason for removing the group
- No longer used
- Duplicate pay group
- Erroneously added
- Other (if selecting other, enter a reason for deactivating the group)
- A confirmation message will appear once the pay group has been successfully removed.
There are a few essential points to consider when removing a pay group.
- Employers will no longer have access to a removed pay group.
- If only one listed pay group exists, the "remove pay group" option will be disabled.
- When removing a pay group, you cannot create a new one with the same name.
- Historic contributions from deactivated pay groups will still be visible. However, a contribution cannot get started under the deactivated pay group.
Before you can delete a pay group, a disclaimer will remind you to confirm there are no outstanding past missing contributions left to process.
If there are missing contributions, the pay group can still be removed. However you cannot remove a pay group if there are in-flight contributions (i.e., not completed contributions.)
Integrated Pay Groups
You cannot remove integrated pay groups.
What If My Integration is Enabled?
If your pay group has an enabled integration, you will not be able to edit the pay group name or add a new pay group. Visit our help article How Do I Change My Pay Group With An Enabled Integration?
If you need additional assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org